posted on November 10, 2012 by
I share my love for a lot of things on this site, so it only seems appropriate to share the love for my ultimate love, my husband. Not only is he my other half, he’s my better half, and my best friend. And GirlyObsessions would not exist without him and all of his hard work.
So even though I spend a lot of time putting together eye candy posts, I never forget that I am lucky to have a hottie of my very own, and he deserves his own post! Jake, I know you like to give me a hard time over my celeb crushes, but I obsess over you, too! Here are a few reasons why: your thoughtfulness, your optimism and sense of humor, your work ethic, your crazy dance moves and your silly self portraits, your eyes and smile, you are loving and affectionate, you like to shop with me (most of the time), you love my parents and family, you have your own obsessions, you make a good cup of tea, you dress up as Billie Joe for Halloween and come to all my Green Day concerts, you drive me around for two days looking for the perfect lavender field in France…and I can think of a thousand other reasons.
But you just get me and put up with me and all my obsessions, and you love me unconditionally! Happy birthday Jake, I love you!
posted on August 14, 2012 by
Sara may not know this, but I’ve been stressing for weeks trying to figure out how I can possibly make my birthday dedication to her as perfect as the one she did for me. And here’s what I’ve decided: I can’t! But, instead, I’ve done what I know how to do, and made her something cute. Sara is on vacation right now, so even though I’m not going to be able to see her today, I still wanted to send a card. (Sar, I hope you like it!)
So, a very happy birthday to my fabulous and one-of-a-kind co-obsessor and bestie, Sara! Love you! Hope you’re having a fabulous vacay!
posted on May 10, 2012 by
Today’s post is a VERY special one, today is Smash’s birthday. So to celebrate her and my love for her I thought I would share a few more of the things that I love about her, and that make her not only an amazing friend but person.
1. When you are brutally sick with pneumonia and can’t even crawl out of bed she will bring you that McDonald’s milk shake you are craving in the middle of the day. She won’t hug you to make you feel better, but she will put it at the front door and back away slowly.
2. When you tell her there is this one word she uses and you just don’t like it, she will make an effort to never use it in front of you again. And you will know she is making an effort because she will tell you every time she didn’t use the word by saying “I was going to say XXXX but didn’t that time.”
3. She will promise to make you go to the gym after work, and then totally meet you for wings and wine when you decide that working out is just not going to happen.
4. Smash will totally play along with the life you have created with that cute boy at the gym so you don’t feel like a total loon. And she will even keep a look out for you while you are out of town to make sure no one infringes on your turf.
5. While everyone tells you that the 32 lip glosses you carry around in your purse is completely ridic…she will sort through with you and help point out the differences in them and thus the reason why you must have them ALL!
6. When you really need to discuss the show that was on last night that she didn’t get a chance to see, she will search the internet to find a detailed recap so she can chat with you.
7. If you tell her you feel your tatas look weird in your dress she will check them out and watch you so intently to give such an honest opinion that she might run her car up on the median in the middle of the road.
8. When you go out to eat, she will totally be on the look out for pickles or let you know when you just won’t like something so you don’t waste your calories on it.
10. And lastly, she will always be nothing but patient and understanding of your busy day when you don’t hold up your end of the deal to get your blog post up.
Nothing but love to one of my best friends, soulmate and fellow obsessor!
Happy Birthday Smash!!!