posted on December 03, 2013 by
Here are a few essentials for making any girl a domestic goddess. This is one of the hardest pages to create in Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide – there are just so00 many cute things! By the way, if you have any old furniture that needs a revamp, I highly recommend the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Easy to use and can seriously transform your furniture. Check out the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
1. Nespresso De’longhi Lattissima Plus Espresso Machine, 399. 2. West Elm Rose Gold Salad Serving Set, 39. 3. Pottery Barn Crowns S&P Shakers, 39.50 4. C.Wonder Polka Dot Cake Stand, 48. 5. What’s A Hostess To Do? Susan Spungen, 18. 6. Terrain Milk Glass Bowls, 88. 7. Terrain Marble & Wood Cheese Board, 78. 8. West Elm Mirror Tray, 89. 9. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Wax 10. L’Econome Kitchen Knife Set, 48. 11. Anthropologie Made With Love Cookie Stamp, 8. 12. Rifle Paper Co. Recipe Box, 34.95
posted on December 03, 2013 by
This is the last of the essential girly trends in the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide, but it’s probably one of the best: SPARKLE! The holiday season is a great time of year to get a little glittery, but I think it’s good to shine year round! You can never have too much sparkle! You can see the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
1. Boden Sequin Blazer, 228. 2. Chantecaille The Diamonds Eyeshadow Palette, 60. 3. Coach Glitter Inlay iPhone Case, 48. 4. Kate Spade Carousel Bangle Watch, 250. 5. Pottery Barn Jeweled Cuff Napkin Ring, 39.50 6. Kate Spade Keds Glitter Sneaker, 80. 7. Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham Earrings, 125. 8. Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb Crystal Eau De Parfum, 120. 9. Loft Sequin Stripe Infinity Scarf, 39.50 10. Three Dots Sequin Front Sweatshirt, 110. 11. Deux Lux Anais Weekend Satchel, 95. 12. J.Crew Shirttail Mini In Sequins, 138. 13. Deborah Lippmann Va Va Voom Nail Polish, 19.
posted on December 03, 2013 by
From quilted leather to studs and skulls, moto has dominated the fashion scene this year. This page in the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide is all about adding a little edge! You can see the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
1. J.Crew Leather Pyramid Studded Belt, 58. 2. Butter London Glam Rock Nail Set, 39. 3. Michael Kors York Platform Bootie, 198. 4. Michael Kors Wren Pavé Watch, 375. 5. Dogeared Mini Gold Skull Earrings, 40. 6. TopShop Wylde Faux Leather Jacket, 85. 7. Case-Mate Barely There Studded Case, 35. 8. Alex & Ani Vintage 66 Rock & Raw Prism Wrap Bracelet, 68. 9. Frye Jenna Skull Stud, 598. 10. Coach Pyramid Stud Bangle, 138. 11. Marc By Marc Jacobs Too Hot To Handle Hobo, 458.
posted on December 02, 2013 by
Polka dots have to be the pattern of the year, and are up next in the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide. Polka dots are definitely the new stripes and are making an appearance on everything from housewares to sneakers. (I need those Converse, BTW.) You can see the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
1. Ugg Mini Bailey Bow, 165. 2. Kate Spade Larabee Road Plate, 35. 3. Anthropologie Dotted Jacquard Dish Towels, 14.95 4. J.Crew Dots Over Stripes Tee, 39.50 5. Toms Gigi Sunglasses, 98. 6. Betsey Johnson Polka Dot Watch, 185. 7. Kate Spade Insulated Tumbler, 18. 8. C.Wonder Leather Gloves, 98. 9. Cara Dotty Headband, 18. 10. Nordstrom Dottie Flannel Blanket, 98. 11. Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Polka Dot Low Top Sneaker, 64.95 12. Madewell Rainy Day Umbrella, 35.
posted on December 02, 2013 by
I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I spent time with my family, ate non-stop and practiced a little shopping-as-cardio. And since Cyber Monday doesn’t provide a great workout, today is back to the gym. Or, well, just TO the gym as I haven’t been in like a year. Up next in the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide is the start of the essential girly trends section: gold trim. Gold is everywhere this year, including this gift guide! You can see the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
1. Bodum Eileen French Press, 70. 2. Mac Stroke Of Midnight Essentials Brush Kit, 49.50 3. Illamasqua Nail Varnish, 17. 4. West Elm Champagne Glasses, 25. 5. Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses, 195. 6. Bobbi Brown Nude Glow Shimmer Brick, 45. 7. Trina Turk Sweater Dress, 298. 8. Foley + Corinna Metallic Disco City, 198. 9. Michael Kors Square Pave Bangle, 175. 10. Coralia Leets Blue Chalcedony Mini French Wire Earrings, 98. 11. C.Wonder Scroll Picture Frame, 38. 12. Kate Spade Candle, 40.
posted on December 02, 2013 by
Happy Cyber Monday! Today is the day to start and finish your holiday shopping! As I mentioned last week, I’m going to post each page of the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide over the next week, starting with stocking stuffers. This collection of small obsessions, from notebooks and pencils to socks and undies, would make any stocking even girlier! You can see the full guide below the collection, or by clicking here. Happy girly gifting!
And if you’re looking for Cyber Monday deals, here are a few goodies: 30% off at Kate Spade, 40% off at Banana Republic, Gap. 30% off at Old Navy and Piperlime. 20% off at Kohl’s. 15% off at Macys. 30% off at J.Crew and 25% off at Madewell. 25% off select items at Bloomies. 40% off at C.Wonder. 40% off at Express. 25% off at Lord & Taylor. 30% off at Asos. 50% off at AE and Aerie. 20% off at AllSaints. 15% off at Crate & Barrel. And check out the deals at Target, West Elm, Club Monaco, Nordstrom, ShopBop and Revolve.
1. Paper Source Chevron Journals, 18.95 2. Kate Spade Idiom Pencils, 20. 3. Davids Tea Tea For The Tree, 5. 4. Tocca Meet The Girls, 62. 5. Jonathan Adler Peacock Letter Opener, 122. 6. Urban Outfitters Macaron Trinket Box, 10. 7. C.Wonder Social Studs, 48. 8. J.Crew Gift Socks, 29.50 9.BeautyBlender Holiday BeautyBlender, 19.95 10. Victoria’s Secret Lace Bralette, 24.50 11. Diptyque Mini Candle, 28. 12. Clinique Chubby Treats, 19.50 13. Coach Legacy Glitter Small Wristlet, 48. 14. Kitsch Bow Ponytail Holders, 12.
posted on November 27, 2013 by
Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA, but I have been hard at work on this years Girly Gift Guide. 15 collections of all things girly and gifty (and gold and sparkly). I meant to get it published last week, but at least it’s up in time for Black Friday! You can check out the Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide below, or check it out over on ISSUU. (Although I have an issue with Issuu…they don’t like gradients, which I have a lot of in the publication! Oh well.) Like last year, I will also be posting each page of the guide starting next week. And remember, the gift guide is interactive, so you can click on the links in the descriptions to take you to the products!
The Holiday 2013 Girly Gift Guide is full of gift ideas for all the girls in your life, including yourself! Start with a few small stocking stuffers, then browse gifts by essential girly trends: gold trim, polka dots, moto & sparkle. There are gifts for making any girl a domestic goddess and gifts for proposing a toast… CHEERS! There are gifts for staying beautiful and jewelry gifts for decking yourself out. Get inspired by love letters then curl up with a few good girly reads. There are gifts for girls on the run and gifts for getting warm and cozy. Bundle up! Get “geek chic” with girly tech and don’t forget to deck the halls!
Thanks for checking it out! Happy Girly Gifting!
posted on November 20, 2013 by
I’ve been busy working on this years Girly Gift Guide, and therefore slacking on posts, but I can’t let this week go by with a tribute to the hotties of The Hunger Games. Although it was a tough choice between Hunger Games or People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Adam Levine. But I’m just too excited about the premiere of Catching Fire, so Adam, and the rest of the sexy men on the list, will have to wait. Are you guys as excited as I am? It seems like just yesterday that I was recapping the hotties in the first movie, and I remember feeling like it was an eternity until Catching Fire came out. But now it’s here and this weekend can’t come soon enough! The movie is getting great reviews, which as a fan of the books, makes me even more excited. But let’s take a look at the main reason you’ll want to see this movie: all the hotness. (I apologize in advance if I left out your fave. I can only do so much.)
Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen
What can I say about JLaw that hasn’t already been been said? I love her. Everyone loves her. Yes, she’s gorgeous. But she’s also real. And brutally honest. And her lack of filter is what I love most about her. She is a sound-byte machine. I literally want to share every single thing she has ever said, but that would be the longest post ever, so I’ll just share a few recent faves. (You can check out more quotes here and here and here and here and here…) On her Catching Fire wetsuit: “I was surprised at how little camel toe problem there was.” On praise for her new haircut: ”I’m like a cat back from the groomer’s, where I’m so insecure. I need as much positive reinforcement as I can get.” On her acting style: “No, I’m not method at all. As soon as they call ‘cut,’ I’m thinking about food and moving on.” On pressure to be thin: “If anybody even tries to whisper the word ‘diet,’ I’m like, ‘You can go fuck yourself.’ ” On what she’d do with more free time: “I would spend more time on the couch, less time showering. If I don’t have anything to do all day, I might not put my pants on.” On young girls struggling with body image: ”Screw those people. If you don’t look like an airbrushed model …you have to look past it. You look how you look. What are you going to do, be hungry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.” See, I could go on forever.
posted on November 15, 2013 by
Have you ladies heard of Confetti by Annette? It’s a new line of handmade jewelry started by Annette Stepanian out of L.A. Her line is inspired by the confetti used to celebrate life’s special moments, and is designed with the spirit of celebrating yourself and your life every single day. It’s about throwing everything up in the air and trusting that it will all fall into place. Annette herself took a leap of faith when she left her job as a lawyer to discover what made her feel alive and happy. Annette’s story is so inspiring. I’m lucky to have a job doing what I love, but I do dream of being able to turn this little blog into a business. Which is perhaps why I’m drawn to Annette’s story – and her jewelry! I love what her line stands for. It’s about showing up to the party that is your life. It’s about honoring yourself and taking responsibility for you feel, look and live. And it’s about leaving this world with a little more sparkle than when you arrived. Well said, Annette.
Definitely take a moment to check out Annette’s jewelry. She combines timeless designs with vivid colors, fresh twists, a dash of sparkle, and a pinch of playfulness. Her jewelry is whimsical and sophisticated, and just like confetti, they are small pieces that make a big impression. And lucky for us, Annette has offered a discount code for all Girly Obsessions readers. You can save 10% (now through November 24th) with the code GIRLY10. Thanks, Annette!
I will also be giving away one of my favorite pieces from the line: the Fall in Love Necklace. You can enter using the Rafflecopter widget below. This giveaway ends Friday, November 22nd, and the winner will be chosen at random. Good luck!!
In the meantime, check out Annette’s favorite fall obsessions, all of which I share!
posted on November 13, 2013 by
I know I’m totally late to the game on this one, but did you guys see The White Queen? Originally broadcast on BBC One, it premiered in the US back in August on Starz. I finally got around to watching the first episode, which you can watch online for free, and I loved it! Starz is airing an encore of the miniseries starting tonight, so my DVR is set. It’s based on Philippa Gregory’s novels about the Wars of the Roses (she also wrote The Other Boleyn Girl), and is a bit Downton Abbey meets Game of Thrones meets The Tudors. All good things. And it stars one very handsome Max Irons as King Edward IV. And lucky for us, as Max said, ”the Starz cut contains breasts and buttocks. The BBC cut doesn’t.” Thank you, Starz.
You may also recognize Max from Red Riding Hood and The Host. Even though I couldn’t get through that book, I still wanted to see the movie. Mainly because of Max’s appeal. And now that the obsession is in full swing, I think I’ll be adding both to the Netflix queue!
Max, born Maximilian Paul Diarmuid Irons, is the son of actors Jeremy Irons and Sinéad Cusack. Well done, Jeremy! Some of these Hollywood legends are producing some really attractive children. (Like Scott Eastwood, who definitely needs his own hottie post.) And even though he has a famous lineage, he’s had to support himself. His parents cut him off financially at 18. A bit of tough love, but he’s made his own way, which I totally admire.