Got 50 Shades withdrawal? I have the cure.

If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know we’re obsessed with 50 Shades. So when I finished the series, as much as I wanted move on to another book on my very long must-read list, I just found myself wanting more sex romance. There is something about these sexy, clingy, codependent, modern romances that I can’t get enough of. And the powerful, controlling, non-committal men with issues and the women they are so desperate to be with, and be saved by, that they completely change their ways.

So, thanks to the Kindle store’s recommendations (and the Goodreads 50 Shades Support Group), I found a lot of books similar to 50 Shades. And I’ve taken it upon myself to read FIVE of them so I can provide a recap for you. You’re welcome. (I know, I have issues.)

Here’s my take on what I’ve read so far. More to come, I’m sure.

UPDATE: Check out more sexy reads in Part 2Part 3, and Part 4.

Beautiful Disaster Jamie McGuire book cover Bared to You: A crossfire novel Sylvia day book cover Love Unscriped book cover Tina Reber

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
This is the story of Abby and Travis. Abby is trying to leave behind her shady past when she starts college, but then she meets Travis, the tattooed, promiscuous bad boy who is a student by day and a fighter by night. He’s exactly Abby’s type, but now the type she’s trying to avoid. Once he realizes he’s not getting in her pants, he tries a different approach: being friends. This leads to a lot of sexual tension, and a fairly steamy romance, complete with a twist I wasn’t expecting. I liked it, but prob my least fave of the group.

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel by Sylvia Day
Of all the books, I found this to be the most similar to 50 Shades. Gideon Cross is a hot billionaire who owns like all of New York. Eva is a socialite who’s trying to make a name for herself, starting as an assistant at an ad agency, which happens to be located in the building that Gideon owns. They literally run into each other and have an immediate connection. One difference from 50 Shades is that both characters are emotionally damaged: they have issues, they’re dysfunctional, possessive, jealous and controlling, which as you can imagine, leads to an intense love (and raw, passionate sex). And good news, there will be a sequel in October! YES!

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
This is the most PG of all the books, and it’s actually a really sweet story. It’s about Ryan Christensen, a hot actor who just went A-list status, and Taryn, a local pub owner in Rhode Island, where Ryan is filming a movie. He meets her when he runs into her pub to hide from a crazed group of female fans. (Hmm, I could see myself being one of those girls.) They clearly have chemistry, but he’s afraid of getting her wrapped up in his world, and she’s afraid of getting hurt. They both have insecurities, so they take it slow, building a deep connection and strong friendship before FINALLY taking things to the next level. I probably liked this book because I was picturing Ryan Gosling the whole time! I believe the author has a trilogy is planned, so I can’t wait to see what happens next!

Gabriel's Inferno book cover Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Rapture book cover Sylvain Reynard

Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
So here’s a twist: these books are written by a dude! Now I know Nicholas Sparks can write a love story, but there is something about the passion and sensuality that happens with just a KISS that makes it surprising they’re written by a man. The story is about sexy and intense Professor Gabriel Emerson, a Dante specialist haunted by his past, and his graduate student, the innocent and selfless Julia Mitchell. Gabriel and Julia actually met before she became his student, in what Gabriel thought to have been a drug-induced dream. He has put her on a pedestal and when they meet again years later, he takes the time to get to know her, cherish her and engage in some very erotic kissing. (She’s a virgin + he doesn’t want to take her virtue = 500 pages of foreplay.) There are a lot of characters and alternate storylines, which makes for an engaging, but not super quick read, like some of the others. It’s a well-written, thoughtful and provocative story about finding true redemption through love.

Just FYI, someone recommended The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by Anne Roquelaure (Anne Rice). And I just could not get into it. It took the BDSM theme to the next level, and I wasn’t ready to go there. I had no emotional attachment to any of the characters and the weird part was I felt like I had read it before. Bottom line: it went unfinished.

So, 50 Shades addicts, have read any of these? Any other recommendations?

144 responses to Got 50 Shades withdrawal? I have the cure.

• Megan

posted on 5.31.12 at 4:27 pm

The is another series by S.C. Stephens. The first book is called Thoughtless. I have downloaded it but have not started the book. Too many books to read first. It is funny because all but one of the books you recommended I have downloaded and ready to read.

posted on 5.31.12 at 4:40 pm

Oh yeah, I heard of Thoughtless and have that on my list! As well as Slammed which I heard is good. I would start with Bared to You, I think that was my fave!

• myrna

posted on 5.31.12 at 11:17 pm

Just read both Thoughtless and Effortless this last week and they’re worth reading. I liked Effortless a lot more/

• Summer Daniels

posted on 6.1.12 at 8:43 am

For all your 50 Shades withdraw – come join us at the FB group I set up as a book recommendation / author promotion site.

I called it “What to read after Fifty (50) Shades of Grey”.

The five books you mention above are featured prominently in reader recommendations and resulting sales for the authors.

Come see what everyone is talking about!!

Summer Daniels

posted on 6.1.12 at 9:21 am

Thanks for the invite, Summer!

• thestripedelephant

posted on 6.1.12 at 9:44 am

Love book recommendations! I really need to read 50 Shades of Grey…haven’t gotten around to it yet.

posted on 7.23.12 at 4:42 pm

I lost a comment that Kathy sent for additional recommendations when the blog redesign went live. Here’s what she said:
      The Untouchable series is another good one. There are three. Untouchable …Unthinkable …and Untraceable

• Cindy cimetta

posted on 6.1.12 at 10:19 am

Well Ladies!!! Did not know other were suffering the same withdrawal. Funny as I just read and what a good read. I love a read that takes me away. For lots of reasons… I look forward to ore from ELJames. Any one know any skinny on that? Thanks for the suggestions I will check them out . Oh ya love your blog. Nicely done. Be well happy breading. Cincim

posted on 6.1.12 at 12:58 pm

Thanks for the kind words on the blog, Cindy! We’ve heard rumors of a retelling of the story from Christian’s point of view, as well as just a 4th book in the series. I hope at least one of them is true!!!

• chastity mcgraw

posted on 6.1.12 at 1:05 pm

I just finished Bared to you and loved it as much as 50. Cant wait till October. Glad to see I’m not the only one out there with withdrawals. Going to start beautiful disaster. Already on my kindle.

posted on 6.1.12 at 1:10 pm

Curious to see what you think of Beautiful Disaster! Like I said, I liked it, but was my least fave of the group, but that’s like choosing a least favorite candy!

• Katie

posted on 6.1.12 at 2:07 pm

I read all of those. Am on Bared to You now. Thoughless & Effortless were great books as well! You should try those next. Kellan & Kiera satisfied my need for a new relationship after Ana & Christian :)

posted on 6.1.12 at 2:33 pm

Ok clearly I need to get on Thoughtless and Effortless! I have them downloaded, just need to get to it!

• Tracy Brewer

posted on 6.1.12 at 2:51 pm

I too needed to find something else to read after 50. I have read all of the following and enjoyed them…
    Bared to You
    The Marriage Bargain
    Thoughtless and Effortless… <3
    Beautiful Disaster
    Backstage Pass and Rock Hard… <3
    Honor Student
    Love Unscripted… <3
    Noah (5th Street)
    Reveal Me and Provoke Me (Unveiled series)
    Slammed and Point of Retreat
    Wicked Pleasure

These are just a few I have read and passed along to friends. My friends LOVE Thoughless/Effortless and Backstage Pass/Rock Hard series!

posted on 6.1.12 at 2:56 pm

Wow Tracy that’s quite a list! You have to read Gabriel’s Inferno next!! How did you like The Marriage Bargain?

• Yanikgirl

posted on 7.10.12 at 5:53 pm

I’ve read all these books loved every one of them for different reasons. Beautiful Disaster keep me interested and not knowing what could happen next. Also cried my eyes out really sucked me in. Reason to Breath is also a must drama, love, and things I never expected. But now I am waiting on so many next books in series I’m reading its getting ridiculous. NEED MORE

• Tanya

posted on 7.25.12 at 7:20 pm

So nice to know I’m not the only one 50ShadesObsessed and having withdrawals. I tried going back to a Jodi Picoult book I started pre-50 shades, and I just can’t finish it (even though she’s a fabulous author). Definitely need something more similar to the Christian/Ana romance. Just picked up Bared to You today – thanks for the recommendation. Can’t wait to dive in. XOXO

posted on 7.26.12 at 9:15 am

Tanya, I think you’ll love Bared to You! Let me know what you think!

• Casey

posted on 7.30.12 at 11:20 pm

Absolutely loved Beautiful Disaster! I read it in 24 hours! Travis Maddox has stole my heart!

• Cookie

posted on 7.31.12 at 3:35 pm

I downloaded Beautiful Disaster a few days ago and read it in one day. Then read it again two days later. Thanks for the other suggestions. I think I’ll download Bared to You next!

posted on 8.2.12 at 4:32 pm

I read thoughtless even tho it wasn’t that interesting, I just kept reading it thinking it got better but it never really did. Yes, it had good parts but mostly it was kinda boring. It wasn’t a must read for me I kept almost falling a sleep unlike 50, bared to you, and beautiful disaster. I just couldn’t put those books down but thoughtless even tho I read it all the was idk if I’ll read effortless. Help! I need to know if it’s worth my time. :(

posted on 8.3.12 at 2:29 pm

Ashley, I also read Thoughtless and Effortless and like you, just thought they were ok. I’ve read a few others, too, so maybe it’s time for a Part 2 of this post!

• Amber

posted on 8.3.12 at 8:05 pm

The sinners on tour series is awesome… backstage Pass and Rock Hard. I liked Beautiful Disaster and Bared to you. I read thoughtless and Effortless but I did not love them like 50. About to try Slammed and Love Unscripted. Love the suggestions

• Aly

posted on 8.3.12 at 11:51 pm

I just like most of you fell head over heals for the 50 series. And like most of you went on a hunt for a new fix. I ran into bared to you which it seems most of you have tried or are trying. It was AMAZING loved it so much I can’t wait for its sequel. I am so surprised no one brought up STRANGERS. Oh my god! Such an amazing book! I finished in one day! And it was a rather long book which was great. I now need to find my next. I’ve read so many reviews on all of these books people are suggesting but since 50 bared and strangers were so good I feel no books can meet their standards.

• Natalie

posted on 8.4.12 at 9:44 pm

I loved Bared to You almost more than 50. I thought writing style and grammar was way better. Love Unscripted was also great….I cant wait for Love Unrehearsed to be released later this month. Thoughtless and Effortless are good not great. May also want to try Easy and Rock Me.

• Debbie

posted on 8.5.12 at 1:14 am

After finishing 50, I googled books like it. So far I’ve read Bared To You, which I thought was ok. Then I found Masters At Arms series…I LOVED THEM AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Then I read Beautiful Disaster, loved it equally as much as 50 and Masters At Arms series, which I’m waiting on the fourth book to come out. I think everyone should try to get into those. Beautiful Disaster is coming out with a second book on Travis’ POV.

• Velvet

posted on 8.8.12 at 3:34 pm

Can you tell me who the author of The Marriage Bargain mentioned above? I can’t seem to find it.

• Olivia

posted on 8.12.12 at 4:10 am

Aly, Who is the author for the book Strangers you said you loved? I LOVED beautiful Disaster!

• Xstine

posted on 8.15.12 at 5:58 pm

I’ve been going through books like crazy and truly love 50 Shades so I’m seriously picky about the books I like to read. I ready Reason to Breathe and Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan, I read the first in one day! Loved them and can’t wait for the third book :)

I think I’m going to go with Beautiful Disaster and then after I’m done reading those I’ll go to Love Unscripted based on the reviews. I was going to read Bared to You but I want to give my self sometime I really appreciate it since its being compared so much to 50 Shades I don’t want to taint it by criticism/comparison!

• Anastasia

posted on 8.16.12 at 9:18 am

Omg how happy am I to have found you all. Hahah finished the 3 50s last night and the funniest thing is there the only 3 books I have read since I was like 10 ( other then study). Now I need a fix .. I miss Ana and Christian and how awesome would it be to read from Christians view..

• Bella

posted on 8.16.12 at 10:50 pm

I think I am trying Bared to You next. I read Thoughtless and am not impressed enough to buy Effortless. Am I really the only one who wasn’t captivated by Kiera and Kellan? I felt the book dragged on and was overall disappointed. I hear the second book is better, but I am hesitant because I wasnt thrilled over the first one. Will I ever be as captivated with a book like 50 trilogy?? Definite withdrawals still!

• Julie

posted on 8.20.12 at 5:10 pm

I have read Bared to You, Slammed, Beautiful Disaster, Love Unscripted, Thoughtless, and Effortless and they were all equally amazing in my opinion. Can’t wait for the sequels that are coming out soon. I have yet to read The Marriage Bargain, Gabriel’s Inferno/Gabriel’s Rapture, the Untouchable series, and others yall have suggested. But thanks for the recommendations! Hopefully these will keep me sane!

• Mema

posted on 8.23.12 at 10:45 am

A pity that you speak badly of Anne Rice’s novels. They are beautifully written for once, and in contrast to the incredibly repetitious and lame sex scenes of 50 Shades, she knows how to keep it fresh and exciting.

Moreover the “BDSM” Christian and Anna do shames what BDSM can do for the people inclined towards power exchange. It is a sex game for them, “sick” as Anna calls it, which is a pity (and downright ignorant), because it can provide the most beautiful connection between two people who are ready to become that codependent in a power exchange relationship.

• Tara

posted on 8.25.12 at 9:06 pm

I just finished Bared to You and def the best book after fifty. I recommended it to be the next one. Just like fifty the only thing I hate is that I have to wait till oct to read the second one :(

• Trisha

posted on 8.27.12 at 12:58 pm

I read a series of books by Kelly Favor. I had read mixed reviews about them, but decided to read them anyway. I am glad I did, I loved them. There are 6 books right now. #1 For His Pleasre #2 For His Taking #3 For His Keeping #4 For His Honor #5 For His Trust #6 For His Forever.

• Jen

posted on 8.27.12 at 7:47 pm

I have an extensive list of books I’ve read since 50. While I started off wanting books JUST like it (which then read Bared to You), I have found sooo many that I loved which were a bit different. Same dominating man and steamy sex type stuff, but just a bit different. Love love loved Thoughtless and Effortless. But here are a few others..
    Beth Kery -love her
    Wicked Burn
    Release
    Jack Burton
    Play by play series -3 books so far and another on the way
    Cherrie Lynn
    Unleashed
    Rock Me – I LOVED this book.

I have not read in years and 50 got me so deep back into it. I’m an addict now :)

And for a light hearted, laugh out loud with a few steamy scenes….Seduction and Snacks by Tara Sivec. I cannot recommend this book enough. Hysterical!!!!!

• Nicole

posted on 8.28.12 at 2:51 pm

Insufferable Proximity by Z. Stefani is right up there with Bared to you and 50! It was not a short story it was actually several hundred pages. Absolutely loved it!

posted on 8.28.12 at 3:01 pm

This is the first I’ve heard of this book! Adding it to the list!

• Katrina

posted on 8.29.12 at 4:34 am

Finding this post has been a life saver. I have read fifty and loved them I then went on to Bared to you and then had no idea why to read next. After reading this pot I have a list and can not wait to start reading. First up is Thoughtless.

• Bridney

posted on 9.8.12 at 8:48 am

Read Bared to You…loved it! Can’t wait till october. I also read Beautiful Disaster…loved it as well! I actually read that one twice. I think I’ll read Love Unscripted next. I’m definitely open to more suggestions.

• barb

posted on 9.13.12 at 12:18 am

I have read all of the books mentioned above. Maybe there is something called reading to much:) I just finished on Dublin street. Really good!

• Alexandra

posted on 10.1.12 at 3:35 pm

Thanks for all the recos. I read 50 Shades and was surprised by how emotionally engaged I was. I read the series twice and got more into the emotional revelations and healing of these two. I also read Bared to You (loved it!) and I just finished Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture. I am from Toronto so it was thrilling imagine them in some of my local haunts.

While I enjoyed the sexually explicit parts (and my husband really reaped those rewards!) I am not into the kinky stuff just for sensationalism. I still think the romance is more important.

I will pick up some of the other books listed here. Please let me know if there are more.

posted on 10.2.12 at 10:10 am

Alexandra, did you read my Part 2 of this post? There are so many great reads! I actually have 7 more for a Part 3!!

• Roxie

posted on 10.2.12 at 6:04 am

Hi ladies.
    i cant seem to download bared to you could you please send me the link or mail me the book. iIloved the E.L James collection and im lost without Mr and Mrs Grey.
    I read Gabriel’s Inferno and Rapture its a must read really. Mwah lots of love to the ladies that has my taste in books.

• MissLaw

posted on 10.2.12 at 10:17 am

I whole heartedly agree on the “Sleep Beauty” (written by Anne Rice) comment. I found nothing sexy in the harsh, humiliating treatment to the “lovers” (and I use that term loosely rather than calling them sex slaves). It was not erotic, as much as troublesome. I forced myself to read half of the first book hoping it would get better. It only left me feeling like I was reading about tormented, and abused souls. Beautiful Disaster and Barred to You however were as stimulating as 50 Shades.

• Alexandra

posted on 10.4.12 at 12:55 pm

Ashley,
    I had missed the Part 2 so thanks for pointing it out. I just came back from the book store empty handed because I could not find a book that I wanted to read. I have already read some of the books on your list and will try the others.

I read Gabriel’s Rapture for the 2nd time and loved it even more. I actually felt moments of forgiveness and grace while experiencing their transformation. I guess that’ is what I am enjoying most…my own personal growth and understanding as the characters learn fall in love with themselves as they fall in love with each other.

lovely.

• Tiffany

posted on 10.4.12 at 3:42 pm

Read Naked The Blackstone Affair…it is so good

• Lilly

posted on 10.12.12 at 1:58 am

I loved the fsog books I read them all in less than two days. I literally gave up sleeping at one point on the last day that’s how addicted I became.So after those book I went a hunt for more and read beautiful disaster and loved it!Its an entirely different story than the 50 books but it is soo good.It has everything from fight club scenes to casino gambling! one was a quick addictive read too though ! I read that twice until I found bared to you . Initially the likeness between 50 and Gideon ( main character) really turned me off on reading it but I as I read on the story quickly morphed into something new and I was hooked so I read the sequel Reflected in you . I prefered this to the first and can’t wait for the third in dec! But now I need a new fix …:( I read a sample of Gabriel’s inferno and liked it but it doesn’t seem as passionate and dramatic..lol I refuse to settle for anything less .sonim going to try the suggested books above and see if “they come up to scratch”‘.
    Love the site!

• S. Dupuis

posted on 10.15.12 at 11:34 am

Try Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts. I LOVED 50 Shades. I loved this even more….. C.J. Roberts is a master writer. They’re not easy books to read, in the sense that they will tear at your heart in so many different ways.

• Sarah

posted on 10.22.12 at 9:21 pm

This is a great site! I have read Fifty Shades of Grey series…Bared to You series…Love Unscripted series….Barely Breathing series….Beautiful Diaster and loved them all for different reasons. A few books I would recommend but have not seen posted is:

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window
    White Trash Beautiful
    Taking Chances

I am looking for some new suggestions. I have tried Thoughtless but could not get into it. Any suggestions would be great.

• Nikki Blanchard

posted on 10.22.12 at 9:47 pm

I have read some absolutely great novels lately and I loved 50 Shades!

Killing Time (The Ties That Bind Trilogy) by Elle Chardou
    If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones
    Knight by Kristen Ashley
    Naked by Raine Miller
    Nobody’s Perfect by Kallypso Masters

By far, Killing Time was my favorite. I had never heard of this author but apparently, she wrote some paranormal before she ventured into this novel. All I can say is wow! She’s talented and the novel blew my mind. Mystery, suspense, hot sex, a very sexy handsome mysterious lead guy, a sexy heroine with a brain. Loved it and can’t wait for the sequel!

• Megan

posted on 10.24.12 at 2:36 pm

Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture are awesome. I read all 50 Shades, and the Crossfire books (Bared to You, Reflected in You). Then read the Because You Are Mine series, which weren’t as great as the rest, but I didn’t hate them. I have re-read 50 and Crossfire books, and I have a feeling I will be re-reading Gabriel. But I am so thankful to have found this site because now I have so many more books to read!! I am excited that there is going to be a third book in the Gabriel series, I haven’t finished the 2nd book yet because I don’t want it to be over!!!
    I feel bad for my bf now because I want him to be like Christian, Gideon, and Gabriel!!

• Sheri

posted on 10.29.12 at 7:03 pm

Surprised no one has mentioned the “Sweet” series by Maya Banks. I am on book 5 of the series and it is amazing. Each book focuses on a different character but still brings back past characters as part of the story line. The first book is a little slow getting started, but once it does…….be prepared. I have also read the 50 trilogy, Bared to You and Reflected in You. I assure you the sweet series will be liked if you enjoyed the others. I will warn you, it goes more into the BDSM lifestyle than 50 did.

posted on 10.29.12 at 7:29 pm

Thanks for the recco Sheri! I’ll check out the series!!!

• Belinda

posted on 11.4.12 at 5:41 pm

I have just finished reading all five of your recommendations. I loved the ….. thank you. I think that Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture are my fav!!

• Nicole

posted on 11.6.12 at 9:21 pm

I have recently started reading Kristen Ashley books and the Colorado Mountain Series will make you wish there was really a town named Carnal Colorado! Also her “Burg series is really good too!! I have read most of here books now because of these 2 series. Another great author I found was R.L Mathewson the Pyte/Sentinel Series is a little vampire-ish but I really really enjoyed the stories!!

• Susie

posted on 11.9.12 at 9:01 am

Well, now I know why my gym membership hasn’t been used in so long – I can’t stop reading these books! I’ve read the majority of the books mentioned including both Gabriel’s Inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture, Thoughtless and Effortless, Bared to You and Reflected in You, The Marriage Bargain and The Marriage Trap and Beautiful Disaster BUT one the BEST books I’ve read is On Dublin Street by Samantha Young. I seriously can’t say enough about this book. You will fall in love with the characters and with the author. Thanks for all of the other recommendations as I have been in a lull :-)

• Missy

posted on 11.10.12 at 12:29 am

I completely agree that the Gabriel books are amazing! Went right back to Gabriel’s Inferno after finishing #2! On Dublin Street is another MUST! It’s a great love story with very steamy parts : ) Also, try The Proposition..HOT sex scenes and there will be a sequel in March!

• Erin

posted on 11.10.12 at 11:50 pm

So glad I found this site!! I have read the 50 and just finished Bared to u and Reflected in you. Loved them all. Can’t get enough haven’t read in years and now I can’t get enough. Definitely going to read some of the suggestions above! Can’t believe we have to wait till May 2013 for the next Crossfire! Ugh so long…….thanks ladies for keeping the fire going!!

• rebecca

posted on 11.11.12 at 8:04 pm

Read so many books including 50 shades, bared to you,reflected in you and gabriels inferno which are amazing! i also a book called the siren by tiffany reisz, who also wrote a prequel called the angel both brilliant. I also enjoyed the dark garden by eden bradley.

• Brandy

posted on 11.12.12 at 2:18 am

Does any one know where to get effortless book for free on the e reader? I just finished thoughtless and loved it but now I got to find effortless for free or very cheap. Loved this book.

• Kaylah

posted on 11.18.12 at 3:00 pm

I have had recently finished Reflected In You (the sequel to Bared to You) and I actually like that series better than 50 so far! I also read the ‘Fade’ series by Kate Dawes that was ok. Very short read though, the sex was good, but it lacked character depth. Since the Bared series not finishing until May with the final book I to am looking for something else!!!

• Wendy

posted on 11.20.12 at 1:21 pm

My reading addiction started with Nora Roberts aka JD Robb and they are great reads without the in depth steamy love scenes and then Fifty Shades has changed my world. I finished the series in one week and found myself addicted and withdrawing searching for something as equally captivating as Christian and Ana. The next series definately soothed my addiction and that was the Crossfire series with Gideon and Eva Bared to you and Reflected in You. Now the symptoms have returned because of a delayed release of the third book of the crossfire series. I mean may of 2013. I’m dying here. I guess I will be trying a few suggestions from the above reccomendations. I just hope they are as fullfilling and captivating as the previously read series or i’m afraid it wilk be unbearable. Love this amazing site and its good that I can have a support group. Lol

• Pollybean

posted on 11.27.12 at 7:14 pm

I just read the most amazing book in a while, its brand new, its called ‘I am HER…’ by Sarah Ann Walker. The book was so good, I read the whole thing yesterday and all night through. I strongly recommend it to anyone. Its totally sexy, but really, really dark in parts. I was even a little uncomfortable, but the ending shocked me totally. I can’t find anything else on this author, but her book was AWESOME!! I strongly suggest it to anyone who likes steamy, and funny, but with a really intense story line!! Oh, and its written really well!

posted on 11.27.12 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for the recco! Will have to add this one to the list! I haven’t heard of it!

• Chela

posted on 11.30.12 at 12:22 pm

Hi :)
    Ever since I read 50 shade of Gray which I loved BTW, I was always searching for great books to keep reading. I found some books that I have read and hopefully you like them. If you have any new books that you have loved and would like to share I truly appreciate it!! have a great day to you all and hopefully you enjoy them as much as I did :)

1.- “BARED TO YOU and REFLECTED IN YOU’ – by Sylvia Day
    2.- “WEEKENDS REQUIRED, NOT PLANNING ON YOU” (DANVERS NOVELS) – by Sydney Landon
    3.-”IF I WERE YOU” (INSIDE OUT TRILOGY)- by Risa Renne Jones
    4.- “STRANGERS” – by Barbara Elsborg
    5.- “NAKED and ALL IN (The Blackstone Affair) – by Raine Miller
    6.- “THE MARRIAGE BARGAIN, THE MARRIAGE TRAP, and the MARRIAGE MISTAKE”
    by Jennifer Probst
    7.-”ON DUBLIN STREET” – by Samantha Young
    8.- ‘GABRIEL’S INFERNO and GABRIEL RAPTURE” – by Sylvain Reynard
    9.- “BECAUSE YOU ARE MINE” – by Beth Kery
    10.- “BEAUTIFUL DISASTER” – by Jamie McGuire
    11.- “DOWN TO YOU” by M. Leighton
    12.- “EASY” by Tammara Webber

posted on 11.30.12 at 12:26 pm

Thanks for such a great list Chela! There are a few here I haven’t read and will add to my list!

• Book Girl

posted on 12.2.12 at 12:04 pm

Wait till the Glass Towers Trilogy comes out December 10th! Ran across the website promo ….coming out December 10, 2012! http://www.glasstowerstrilogy.blogspot.com

Sounds Hot!!! Can’t Wait!!

• Elena

posted on 12.11.12 at 6:03 pm

The Mighty Storm by Samantha Towle
    Insufferable Proximity By Z. Stefani
    Crash and Clash By Nicole Williams
    Across the Hall N.M Facile
    Kidnapped the wrong sister by Marie Kelly
    Avoiding Commitment, Avoiding Responsibility by K.A Linde
    Love Unscripted and Love unrehearsed by Tine Reber

Those are some books that i have read that i have not seen here yet. Hope you enjoy. I love love to continue reading more books soon!!!

• Michelle

posted on 12.13.12 at 9:25 pm

I really miss the book 50 shades as well at least I too am not alone… I really like the disaster,marriage bargain reflected and bared to you,,,,but what do you do when you’re waiting for part 3… someone help me
    – I read these books in 4 days

• Cherly

posted on 12.20.12 at 3:03 pm

Check out on Dublin street and knight …..great books

• Sandy

posted on 12.23.12 at 6:13 pm

I just read the most amazing book in a while, its brand new, it’s called ‘I am HER…’ by Sarah Ann Walker. The book was so good, I read the whole thing yesterday and all night through. I strongly recommend it to anyone. Its totally sexy, but really, really dark in parts. I was even a little uncomfortable, but the ending shocked me totally. I can’t find anything else on this author, but her book was AWESOME!! I strongly suggest it to anyone who likes steamy, and funny, but with a really intense story line!! Oh, and its written really well!

• May

posted on 12.23.12 at 11:37 pm

Obviously i loved 50 shades trilogy!…
    So i googled..more than a month ago “fifty shades of grey withdrawal” and i was brought upon this amazing website!..:D
    So far I’ve read Bared to You and its second book Reflected in You By Sylvia Day and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire.
    For Bared to You and Reflected in You…. i loved them!…So raw and true!
    I felt what the characters felt…GREAT character development..
    After I finished reflected in you I started to read Beautiful Disaster..
    It was a good story line but I didn’t feel as connected to the characters…I also felt it was too quick…no build up….

(((((S P O I L E R alert……S P O I L E R alert))))))
    For example,when she went to bed with Travis for the first time…giving her circumstances it was all just so bland…I would of
    loved more input on her part as regards to what she was feeling…
    Maybe I’m just used to 50 and bared to you girls that I felt that way.
    (((((END of S P O I L E R))))))(((((END of S P O I L E R))))))

I read Beautiful Disaster is being made into a movie..definitely watching it…it has a little bit of everything…it was enjoyable..quick read too..
    I am unsure about Love Unscripted..since it is considered PG…but I will give it a try..:)
    Thanks for posting these books!..:)…and definitely looking into some other people have posted on their comments..:)

• Cherly

posted on 12.26.12 at 10:28 pm

May, I also did not think I would enjoyed “love unscripted” and “love unrehearsed” but I was shock of how much I enjoyed them. So give it a try you might surprise yourself.

• Kristabelle

posted on 12.28.12 at 4:48 am

After 50, I tried ‘Thoughtless’ but was a little disappointed. I LOVED ‘Gabriels Inferno’ & ‘Gabriels Rapture’, can’t wait for book 3 which is soon to be released. I just finished ‘Beautiful Disaster’ it was another level of wonderful. I am about to start ‘Bare Naked’. Just wanted to say that I appreciate the feedback on the books, there’s nothing worse than not hacking an idea of what to read next! Your comments make a world of difference. Thank you all ; )

• Lauren

posted on 12.28.12 at 10:55 pm

I have read all o the 50 shades books and all 3 of the marriage to a billionaire series by Jennifer probst (marriage bargain,marriage mistake and marriage trap) loved all of them and there’s another one coming out soon! another book that I’ve recently read was called The Proposition by Katie Ashely and I found it to be really good as well, and good news to that is there is a sequel coming out in march I believe! For some reason I always like the continuing stories with the characters I love!! So so glad I found this blog, I will definitely be checking it frequently !!

• May

posted on 1.5.13 at 10:42 pm

Thanks Cherly i just started it today so far so good..:)

• Kim

posted on 1.11.13 at 2:35 pm

I love this website! I am so glad I found it with a basic Google Search! I loved the 50 Shades Series, Love Unscriped Series, and Bared to You and needed some more to read. Thank you everyone for the suggestions and here are mine.

Wallbanger-One of my top 5 books!!! Steamy and laugh out loud funny at times! Also has some fun banter between the characters like 50 Shades.

Her Forbidden Hero and One Night With A Hero

Trust In Advertising

Up In The Air Series

Club Shadowlands Series-A lot more in depth with the BDSM but still steamy and has some love story to them. Each one talks about different characters with a touch on the previous ones.

Seduction and Snacks Series- Funny and steamy. It starts kinda odd, but push through and you’ll love them.

• Sharon C.

posted on 1.11.13 at 2:50 pm

I’ve read all except Love Unscripted. They were all wonderful cures for my 50 Shades hangover! I LOVED Gabriel’s Inferno/ Rapture and Beautiful Disaster. I’m anxious for Walking Disaster to come in April! Also- Thoughtless and Effortless were AWESOME and Reckless comes out in March (so excited!) I was NEVER a reader before 50 Shades and now I cannot read enough!!!

• Summer Daniels

posted on 1.11.13 at 3:11 pm

Come check out our just updated TOP FIFTY List of WTRAFSOG (What To Read After Fifty Shades of Grey). Updated every Friday. FREE ebooks listed every day as well. Come see why we are almost 40,000 fans strong now!!

Summer

• D

posted on 1.11.13 at 9:58 pm

The Crossfire series (Bared To You, Reflected In You) is very similar to Fifty Series. It helped with my post Fifty withdrawal.

Just finished Gabriel’s Inferno/Rapture – possibly better than Crossfire series. Written by a man, and more PG.

Both are Trilogy series that have a 3rd book yet to be released — can’t wait!!

What to read next…suggestions?

• Summer Daniels

posted on 1.11.13 at 10:35 pm

Oops … would help if I left a link … ;-)

• Sydney

posted on 1.13.13 at 1:44 pm

Beautiful Disaster is AMAZING!!! But you must read Thoughtless and Effortless there AMAZING as well! LOVE

• Lonnie Harken

posted on 1.14.13 at 10:04 am

I loved First Thing I See and Bared to you after Fifty Shades!

• Shary

posted on 1.23.13 at 9:30 pm

I’ve read 50 shades, the crossfire series and billionaire series but have say that the Duet written by CJ Roberts is amazing. The first book Captive in the dark and the second Seduced in the dark left me with a major book hangover. I read both books twice and was unable to read any other for weeks. Highly recommended.

• Laura

posted on 1.24.13 at 1:33 pm

I like many others have read 50, crossfire series, Gabriel’s Series. I have just finished love unscripted and love unrehearsed and I was blown away by them!! I cant get into thoughtless and slammed. I am looking for something a bit more mature as i felt those two books were more aimed at teens…. Any suggestions?? I love the whole male dominant characters and i loved Ryan from love unrehearsed Series (he was a famous actor). I need something with a great storyline and nothing too deep :)

• Jessica

posted on 2.6.13 at 3:53 pm

I loved 50 but actually enjoyed The Crossfire series (Bared to you) even more. After withdrawals I looked for something else. I found the Up in the Air series by R. K. Lilley to be similar and another very intriguing series. There are two books (In Flight and Mile High) with book 3 coming out February 12th. Thoroughly enjoyable reads but now I don’t know what to move on to as I don’t want to be disappointed!

posted on 2.12.13 at 6:47 pm

The Sweet Series is a must read!! If you love 50. I’m sad the date has been pushed back for the last book of the Crossfire Series (bared to you).

• Jessica

posted on 2.21.13 at 12:13 am

I have read 50, Bared to you and reflected in you, and also Gabriel’s inferno and Gabriel’s Rapture!! I loved every one of them they were all great and must reads!! Hope you enjoy:-)

• Mattie

posted on 2.22.13 at 5:41 pm

You have to read Kallypso Master Rescue Me books. Series of 4 and really really loved them and read them in order

• ann

posted on 2.23.13 at 8:41 pm

this site has been helpful iam soooo having FSOG AND BARED withdrawl i have a few good one to pass along ‘ 40 SHADES OF PEARL” GREAT BOOKS (3) you can just crawl up in them as if you are in the book and guess what all 3 books are out no waitting!! and ‘SECRETS AFTER DARK’ Aand the third is out Feb 28th so not long to wait ! and also GLASS TOWERS” read

• Cassie

posted on 2.26.13 at 8:12 pm

I am surprised no one has mentioned the black dagger brotherhood? It’s quite a bit different then all of these but contains really good and steamy love stories… I really enjoyed them, there’s probably 10+ books in the series and they’re still being written… It’s a vampire novel series but takes place in today’s date and they live like humans… Some of the books were better than others #3 being my favorite… but for the most part they were all entertaining. I have also read the crossfire series, fifty shades, beautiful disaster… am reading the dream guardians series now by Maya Banks and while the first one was decent, It wasn’t great…. so I haven’t started the second yet. I have heard the strangers book is good so I look forward to reading that one if I can get my hands on it :) Thanks for all these great suggestions… i’m going to read Gabriel’s Inferno next!

• Gracie

posted on 3.6.13 at 11:46 am

I LOVED the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. Red all of them. Also read all FSOG, Beautiful Disaster and the Crossfire series. Looking for a new read. They were all great.

• Sheena

posted on 3.8.13 at 6:44 am

Motorcycle man and mystery man are amazing both by kristen Ashley

• Lori

posted on 3.12.13 at 8:22 pm

I just read the Up in the Air series and LOVED it even more than Fifty!!! It is a great series to read!!!!!!

posted on 3.12.13 at 8:26 pm

Lori, I loved that series as well! I recapped it in Part 4!

• Stephanie Puterbaugh

posted on 3.13.13 at 9:13 am

Well, I placed Beautiful Disaster and Gabriel’s Inferno on my shelfari plan to read list. Thanks for the information. I’ve read Bared to You and it was good, but at the same time I felt a little dirty after reading it. LOL Funny because I didn’t feel that way after reading 50 shades of Grey. So, I doubt i’ll be reading the rest of the series by Sylvia.

I recommend you read the series by Karen Monning the Fever series. I LOVED it! LOVE LOVE LOVED it!

• TOMIKO

posted on 3.17.13 at 6:28 am

after i finish college and start working i don’t have time to read books, but after i finish reading 50shades (like 7times all the books) i start to look for books at goodreads.com which similar to 50 shades and now i’m still hook up on reading i guess i read almost 200books and almost 15 different series. what can i say i’m so obsess with Christian
    try reading
    Up In The Air Series
    the crossfire series
    Club Shadowlands Series
    ON DUBLIN STREET” – by Samantha Young
    GABRIEL’S INFERNO and GABRIEL RAPTURE” – by Sylvain Reynard
    Rock Chick series by kristen Ashley

so many books to mention, if you want try to search on this site http://www.goodreads.com
    hope to find and read more interesting books

• Kendra Jones

posted on 3.18.13 at 7:17 pm

100

I didn’t like to read, but now I am reading the Fifty shades trilogy for the THIRD time in 3 weeks and I can’t get enough! I even read three more books before starting to read the Trilogy for the 3rd time. None of them did it for me. I have talked about it and craved it so much that my husband is reading it to see what Christian Grey is like. I need some serious help!! I’m going insane!

• Mimi

posted on 3.19.13 at 1:09 am

101

I haven’t read all the posts, but those I did I saw no mention of Vina Jackson’s trilogy Eighty Days of Yellow, …of Blue, …of Red.

I loved 50 shades series, and the Gabriel series. I read the Crossfire series. They were ok…not great, but ok.

• Jes

posted on 3.21.13 at 5:36 pm

102

Books i read after Fifty Shades
    1. Crossfire Series
    2. Up in the air Series( R.K. Lilley) **** loved this one
    3. Lana – a mini novela (R.K. Lilley)
    4. Beautiful Disaster***
    5. Beautiful Stranger
    6. Addicted to you (Bethany Kane)
    7. Fire After Dark (ok just thought it dragged alittle… didnt care for the ending)
    8. The Stranger (Kyra Davis)

*** If anyone has any good books to suggest please email me jes.cruz@ymail.com… i’m always looking for another good book to read!!***

• BitterSweet

posted on 3.23.13 at 12:40 pm

103

Just finished Reckless (book 3) by S.C Stephens…(Thoughtless & Effortless is book 1&2) I loved this book. The whole series.. Reckless made me laugh, cry ,sad angry… a real emotional roller coaster… i wish there was a 4th book …can’t get enough of Kiera, Kellan, and that Grffin.

• KAT

posted on 4.3.13 at 11:00 am

104

You have to read THE GLASS TOWERS TRILOGY. Book 1- Champagne SHowers, Book 2 – Shattered, Book 3- Surrendered! I loved them more than Bared Series and FSOG!

• jeng cortez

posted on 4.5.13 at 10:32 pm

105

loved this books

this man trilogy by jodi ellen malpas
    up in the air series rk kelley
    beauty from pain by georgia cates…love!love!love!
    the blackstone affair by raine miller
    beautifully damaged by la force
    forever black by shayla black
    with me in seattle by kristen proby
    billionaire’s by marie kelly

• Hazel

posted on 4.10.13 at 10:40 am

106

Hey ladies! I’ve been obsessed with 50shades like you and this list is just helpful! I can’t seem to move to another book because 50shades serves as my base of a good book so reading all of your suggested books are really helpful!

However I cant seem to find a download link of Bared to You and Thoughtless Trilogy :( Anyone cares to send me links? I’d appreciate it a lot! Kindly email me please? :)

• Telle Ang

posted on 4.22.13 at 10:11 pm

107

You need to try Cherise Sinclair’s Club Shadowlands Series! It is so awesome! :)

• charlotte

posted on 4.23.13 at 3:53 pm

108

can someone please email me all sylvia day books? i have heard so much about them and have not got a chance to read them yet. i live abroad and i have not seen them here. my email is blueyez22218@hotmail.com

thanks so much!!!

• erika

posted on 6.13.13 at 12:48 am

109

Just finished the third book in the crossfire collection(Entwined with you)…amazing. another book I would suggest is the secret of Ella and micha by Jessica Sorensen and the sequel to it the forever of Ella and micha, great books with a good love story. Also on Dublin street by Samantha young.

• janell yanik

posted on 6.13.13 at 1:28 am

110

Is the secret of Ella and Micah steamy sexy because that’s what I’ve been looking for. I love a romance but love the explicit sex scenes!!!

• Avin Bailey

posted on 6.13.13 at 2:30 pm

111

Read “If i were you by Llisa Renee Jones. VERY good I am very surprised its not mentioned here. She just released the second book as well. a third is coming in September

• Jess

posted on 6.18.13 at 11:34 pm

112

Try Raine millers Blackstone Affair

• tack

posted on 6.22.13 at 11:07 am

113

Crimson’s Captivation is very similar to Rice’s Sleeping Beauty. It has that fairy tale feeling and is set in the historical backdrop of the Great Northern War (1700s). Best of all, not only is it hot like Sleeping Beauty, the author has included vampires and werewolves. An exciting read. http://www.melange-books.com/authors/cbcarter/crimsons.html

• Sidnie

posted on 7.7.13 at 6:22 pm

114

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

• Amanda

posted on 7.12.13 at 1:54 am

115

So glad I found this site!

I loved

The breathing series (Rebecca Donovan)
    Fallen too Far series (abbi glines)

• Nikki

posted on 7.28.13 at 6:20 am

116

I have read all 50 shades and the bared to you series and loved them I also then went on to read on Dublin street which was a brill book and the sweet series as well also read claim me and release me by j kenner which were just as good as the bared to you series

• gabby

posted on 8.1.13 at 5:30 pm

117

“This man ” trilogy. …OMGgggg..there are 3 books.if u love 50 shades then enough said..lol..

• Callie

posted on 8.9.13 at 11:30 am

118

There’s also this man series by Jodi Ellen Malpas
    Ivy lessons by sk quinn
    Stark trilogy by j Kenner
    And forever black by Sandi Lynn

Also my kindle suggested the coincidence of callie and kayden, the redemption of callie and kayden, the spotlight series , the secret of Ella and micha and the forever of Ella and micha … which I’ve downloaded but they are at the bottom of my read list

• April C.

posted on 8.29.13 at 12:35 am

119

This blog is the best! I read 50 shades ( all 3 ) and then read the crossfire books after b/c of this site – which was amazing!!. I’d like to ask what people suggest after that… Something’s similar ;)

• Pjl

posted on 9.1.13 at 11:50 am

120

How about This Man – trilogy. Great books!! Couldn’t put them down!! Something was always happening that would make you want more. Hated when it ended!!

• Liz P.

posted on 9.2.13 at 12:28 pm

121

I’ve read (in this order):
    50 Shades Trilogy
    Crossfire Series
    Gabriel’s Inferno/Gabriel’s Rapture
    JUST started Love Unscriped, but I heard it’s PG so I’m not sure…where to go from here?

I loved all the series mentioned above, for different reasons. 50 Shades was my intro and a sweet story so it will always hold a special place for me (although it’s poorly written), the Crossfire Series was good but didn’t have as much character development as I would have liked. Gabriel’s books have great character development but I had a harder time getting attached to Julia than the other female leads (I wonder if it was because that series is written by a man?).

Glad to have found you all!

• lyndsey

posted on 9.11.13 at 2:22 pm

122

stark trilogy is brill …read all 3 in like 5 days!!
    driven trilogy is sooo omg fantastic!!! must read im waiting on 3rd installment!!!

• Tiffany

posted on 9.14.13 at 10:52 am

123

I just finished the Too Far series by Abbi Glines. I have a serious Rush Crush!! You will fall in love with these characters and the story line. I couldn’t stop reading!

• Elsa

posted on 9.14.13 at 6:22 pm

124

Claiming of Sleeping Beauty had NO romance element to it. Straight up SEVERE BDSM. Hardcore elements that I just could not get into.

Bared to you- OMG, I am officially over Christian and Ana. Nothing beats Gideon and Eva. The character development in the Crossfire Series is phenomenal and I look forward to learning more about Gideon in books 4 & 5.

• Tina

posted on 9.15.13 at 9:39 pm

125

I wasnt much of a reader untilnI read all of the 50 Shades and now I am hooked. I have read all of the Croddfire series and was hooked. The last one I read in a day. After seeing a display at a bookstore of reads after 50 shades I downloaded the Breathless trilogy. Burn, Rush, and Fever by Maya Banks. Each book focused on seperate characters who were all tied together. It was racy and I enjoyed it. I am now interested in the “Sweet” series by her as well. Does anyone have any thoughts? I am downloading beautiful disaster now. =)

• Emily

posted on 10.6.13 at 1:37 pm

126

I believe every woman who has read 50 has had withdrawls… I have read Crossfire and loved it.. I hate I have to wait til next book to finish whats going to happen I am very impatient…. i did however find another series… actually started as little serial ebooks. its called Anything he wants (Dominated by a Billionaire in a complete novel and the second serials are called Castaway #1 -#4) by Sara fawkes. i loved loved loved it.. It has some erotica in the book but lots of fast past drama between a girl and two brothers. Its along the same lines as 50… I highly recommend it. I do believe there are more of it to follow as well and I cant wait

• Meg

posted on 10.6.13 at 8:02 pm

127

Read almost every book folks mentioned and more. Wallbanger, edge of never , mighty storm, real , and ruin my most recent favs :)

• Kelley

posted on 10.9.13 at 11:04 pm

128

I just read Conklin’s Blueprints By Brooke Page. It was the perfect inbetween book of 50 Shades and Beautiful Disaster. I absolutely loved it!

• Megan

posted on 10.22.13 at 11:22 pm

129

Temptation, satisfaction and Fulfillment all by KM Golland and This Man, Beneath This Man and This Man Confessed all by Jodi Ellen Malpas are all good series too :)

• Lisa

posted on 10.23.13 at 5:17 pm

130

I’ve read all the above mentioned books and i have to say i agree with most of the comments and would like to recommend the breathless series by Maya Banks #1Rush, #2 Fever, and #3 Burn. if you enjoyed the Crossfire series(Bared to you) you will enjoy Rush by Maya Banks

• Stunning

posted on 10.28.13 at 9:50 pm

131

I just started to read the 50 shades series I am so hoooooooked I stated reading on October 25 and today being October 28 I am done reading all three books and now suffering some serious withdrawal, I am solo beside myself and kinda mad that I read them soo fast,, I feel like a junkie I am soooo looking for my next fix… I started to search the internet tonight and found this forum. It was such a great relief,, knowing I am not the only one… Thanks guys.

• Shelly Woita

posted on 11.3.13 at 1:16 pm

132

I LOVED the Stark Trilogies, Release Me, Claim Me and Complete Me by J. Kenner!!! Another awesome series is by Maya Banks the Breathless series….Rush, Fever and Burn!!! These series grab you and keep your attention unlike Bared To You series!!! I’m on Entwined, but cannot keep myself reading as it is kinda boring and has it’s ups and then downs. I LOVED 50 Shades, so if you did as well I suggest skipping Bared To YOu and read the other 2 trilogies I wrote about. Happy reading!!!

• Janet

posted on 11.26.13 at 8:53 pm

133

Fifty Shades, Thoughtless Series and Beautiful Disaster are my all time faves but I loved these books as well.
    -One night with a hero by Laura Kaye
    -Bad Rep by Meredith Walters
    -The Proposition and the Proposal by Katie Ashley
    -Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley
    -Slammed series by Coleen Hoover

• Lewisvillegirl

posted on 1.2.14 at 10:17 pm

134

After reading 50 shades, I got hooked on an amazing fan fiction writer fiftyshadesofgreyandmore blog. Her writing is amazing and it gives you more of Christian & Ana. I also loved the Crossfire series, the Real/Mine/Remy series, & Gabriel’s inferno series. My fav of all of them was the FSOG fan fiction (which she still updates with new chapters) and the Crossfire series.

• ruth yap

posted on 1.5.14 at 11:14 am

135

Hi ! I have read 50 shades at least 3 times already and the breathless trilogy and the crossfire trilogy , Victoria Dha books but there is something about Christian . He seems more “human” than Gideon of crossfire. My problem is getting books to read on line. Can you please help by posting links that does not require credit card validation since I don’t have one. I wish somebody will provide me endless supply of books and I can write the reviews. If there is such a job .Please help dying to read more. Recently I discovered John Green and his books are great too not of the romance type but insightful. Thanks for the opportunity to share.

• jamie

posted on 1.15.14 at 9:01 pm

136

Kristen proby series with me in seattle

• Angela Goodnight

posted on 2.13.14 at 5:00 am

137

I hope it is in order to recommend the following book by Peter Stone:
    True Seaside Love Story which is highly erotic and sexually explicit, about a teenage couple who lose each other and find each other again decades later.

I was the other half of that couple, Searching the book title and Peter’s or my full name should find it. Available in paperback or ebook from about $2.50 or £1,70.

Angela Goodnight

• Salma

posted on 2.14.14 at 7:42 am

138

I read Beautiful Disaster and have to admit, it is nothing like 50 Shades.

• lucy

posted on 2.15.14 at 5:58 am

139

If you are having 50 shades withdrawal symptoms ladies I have just read a book that is epic and cuts all the crap – it is short but the writer is releasing it in volumes (what ever that means) it is called
    Dark Layers (volume 1)
    read it from amazon, it is so funny and sexy x

• Ashleigh

posted on 2.24.14 at 7:20 pm

140

After I finished reading 50 shades (twice over) I made a New Years resolution to get back into reading. The first series I bought was the Crossfire series AND I actually loved it more then 50. I don’t have the patience to wait for the fourth installment to be released so I might try the Gabriel’s Inferno series. Highly recommend The Crossfire series though. Happy reading ladies :)

• Danielle

posted on 3.2.14 at 3:08 am

141

+1 on Sylvia Day’s “Crossfire” series. I also recommend Tara Sue Me’s “The Submissive” trilogy (The Submissive, The Dominant:, & The Training). You’ll be right at home: with gorgeous,sexy, damaged gizillionaire dominant Nathaniel West and sweet, less experienced (natch) librarian Abby King. Slightly less hardcore BDSM than 50 Shades (I had to Google *a lot* reading the FSoG books) and much more hardcore BDSM than the “Crossfire” series. They’re all available at the public library, too.

• Lea

posted on 3.5.14 at 8:11 pm

142

I’m probably really late BUUUT, I just read all of the 50 Shades Trilogy in about 3 days on my couch. I have not moved a muscle except to pee and eat! (Yaaas, I have issues) And I’m definitely having some serious withdraw. I hope these are as good as the 50 Shades! Thank Youuu

• poohbear98

posted on 3.21.14 at 11:25 pm

143

Hi,
    I read the Crossfire Series before and I totally loved it! Yes, I do have the 50 Shades withdrawal. I didn’t quite like the writing style for Gabriel’s Inferno though (perhaps it’s just me) So, it went unfinished. The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty was too hardcore for me too and it lacked emotional explanation. Unfortunately. It could have become a great plot. Beautiful Disaster. Need I say more? Travis Maddox is just HOT. (But of course, Gideon Cross is HOTTER and SEXIER!) All in all, I love The Crossfire Series the most out of all the books in 50 Shades Withdrawal Part 1.

PS: Thank you for compiling all these wonderful books. :D

• Yestine

posted on 4.18.14 at 9:55 pm

144

Hello 50shades lovers, just finished reading this man by jodi ellen. It’s also a trilogy and it is awesome!!!! Romantic and emotional, my fave book in addition to 50shades and crossfire series. Give it a try.